So you want to get your driver license?
3 Simple Steps for Students and Parents
STEP ONE - TAKE DRIVER EDUCATION
1. Take Driver Education between ages 15 - 15 1/2. (15 and 4 months is just right)
a. Enroll in class on our website: www.championdrivingacademy.com Hit REGISTER NOW
2. Driver Education is 2 days of classroom instruction: Classroom times 10:00am-3:00pm
a. Please bring the signed contract and balance on the first day of class.
b. During class students will schedule the three, 2 hour driving sessions. (6 hours total)
c. There will be no driving during the 10 hours of classroom instruction.
STEP TWO - OBTAIN LEARNERS PERMIT
Must go to Department of Public Safety with the following information:
A. TWO FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION *Absolutely no copies!*
1. Original Birth Certificate/Passport
2. Social Security Card
B. At age 15 1/2 you must take one of the following proofs:
1. DRIVER EDUCATION CONTRACT: If you have not finished the driving portion of Driver Education you must take the written test.
2. DRIVER EDUCATION CERTIFICATE: You will receive this certificate after you finish the driving portion of Driver Education.
You are exempt from the written test!
C. Obtain DRIVER EDUCATION LETTER from your high school.
a. Go to your school secretary 1 day in advance of the day you will need the letter.
b. Documentation that you are currently enrolled in school.
c. Documentation that you have passed the 8th grade reading test.
CHAMPION CAN GIVE THE 8TH GRADE READING!!!
D. Go to Department of Public Safety in person: PARENT OR GUARDIAN must be present!
Need to schedule in advance to guarantee appointment at: www.ok.gov/dps
VISION TEST: Students must take vision test at DPS.
WRITTEN TEST: For students that are not finished with the driving portion (6 hours) of driver education.
Written test is twenty questions, multiple choices, passing grade is 75%. You are allowed to skip up to 5 questions and you can miss 5 questions.
E. Go to any Tag Agency after obtaining a passing form from DPS to obtain Learner's Permit: COST $42.50
STEP THREE - OBTAIN INTERMEDIATE LICENSE
WHEN TO TAKE THE DRIVING TEST:
1. You must have your permit a FULL 6 MONTH.
2. You are at least 16 years of age.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE DRIVING TEST:
1. You must bring your LEARNER'S PERMIT.
2. You must have your DRIVER EDUCATION CERTIFICATE. (Must be the original, stamped, and signed by driver education instructor.)
3. Parent present or a signed and notarized Affidavit of Driving Training. (If you need an affidavit, go to https://www.ok.gov/dps/, click on DPS Forms, click on Affidavit of Driving Training)
Where can I take the Driving Test:
1. Department of Public Safety
2. Champion Driving Academy
The Driving Test will last about 15 minutes and you must make at least a 75%.
After passing the test, CHAMPION CAN PROCESS YOUR PAPERWORK.
Wait...you just think you're finished...after passing the drive test you still just have a piece of paper.
Now, you must go to any Tag Agency to obtain Intermediate License.
Smile, you will get your picture taken for your new license! COST: $25.00
What are the restriction on the intermediate license for six months?
(TO HAVE RESTRICTIONS REMOVED YOU MUST GO TO THE TAG AGENCY-COST $20)
1. Curfew 10:00 pm to 5:00 am!
2. May only drive with one passenger under the age of 21, unless family members!
3. No cell phones!
Champion Driving Academy is now qualified to administer the drive test to students who have completed our driver eduation course. Cost: $40.00
Champion can now also process your paperwork after the drive test. NO DEPARTMENT of PUBLIC SAFETY!!!!
Students may still take the driver test at the DPS. You can go to www.ok.gov/dps to schedule an appointment.
THE BEST SAFETY DEVICE IS A REAR-VIEW MIRROR WITH A COP IN IT!
Like Us on